Our brain is the most important part of our body and brain health is so important to play a positive role in our life. From making perfect decisions to learning many things faster and store them in our memory.
If our brain is healthy and strong we can improve our lives in many ways. From getting good grades in academic fields to perform better in the work field. People don’t focus on their brain health until they start facing memory loss in their 50s or 60s.
We need to realize that our brain and body both are connected. According to professional doctors, two main things can make our brain and its health in perfect shape. One is the best brain food and the other is physical activities. Let’s get straight into the tips which can improve your brain health.
People who exercise regularly tend to have fewer chances of getting Alzheimer’s disease. Exercise increases blood flow in your brain and helps your brain to get more smart and active.
- 30 mins of walk or running can keep your brain healthy by increasing blood flow in your heart which directly leads to brain health.
- Challenge yourself by playing games like chess or some physical activities, You can also play cards for your memory to get sharper.
- Learn new skills or teach someone a new skill. Remind yourself if you wanted to learn some new skills which you are interested in. That way your mind will get into work by learning new things.
- You should also try taking a new route to your home while coming back from work.
- Meditation also plays important role in keeping your brain healthy. You should daily meditate for at least 10 to 15 minutes. So that you should get to focus more on different things.
- Socialize with people, try discussing and chatting with them about useful things from your life to different topics surrounding you.
Enough Sleep For Brain Health
You should get plenty of sleep to make your mind relax. Your brain gets tired from daily routine so it also needs plenty of rest to perform again when you wake up.
Doctors suggest that you should sleep for at least seven to eight hours daily to make your mind calm and get rid of tiredness. This way by giving your brain enough rest can sharpen your brain and make it smarter.
A good amount of rest also energizes your mood and immune system in your body.
Your diet also plays a very important key role in brain health. A perfect diet can give your mind a good amount of energy. Bad eating like an extra amount of sugar, artificial sweeteners, or fizzy drinks can lead to destroying your brain cells.
You will be surprised to know that sugar has a connection to taking your mind into depression and anxiety. Initially, you might have good feelings after sugar intake through drinks or foods but by some time passed it affects your neurons in your brain. Sugar may make you feel good enough for some time but definitely not good for longer-term.
You should also avoid processed cooking oils. Because they contain omega 6 and omega 3 acids which are not good for our body and brain.
If you want your mind to stay crazy Sharp all the time then you should also consume the best brain foods.
- Black pepper. If you cook something then a quarter teaspoon of black pepper will give both body and brain energy.
- Olive Oil. If you cook something then it’s good to use olive oil instead of processed cooking oil. This oil contains a lot of vitamins which are useful for our brain and body.
- Onion and garlic. Onion and garlic mixture in your food is also good for your brain health.
- Legumes. Legumes are a perfect source of carbohydrates. These carbohydrates with fiber provide a steady supply of energy to your brain.
- Mint. Good brain food also includes Mint. You can use mint in your tea or mint leaves in your cooked food.
- Seeds. Pumpkin and sunflower seeds are great for your brain cells and their health. They contain a mixture of proteins and vitamins.
- Nuts. Almonds and walnuts are a great power booster for your brain. They are also great for your body’s nervous system.
- Fish. Fish like semen and tuna are full of omega 3 healthy fats.
- Coffee. Coffee is also good for brain health in the morning. But it’s not better to drink coffee in the evening as it can affect your sleep and good sleep is important for brain health.
Fruits For Brain Health
- Avacado. Avocado is a good source of vitamins and contains omega 6 and omega 3 healthy fats. These fats are really important for brain health and avocado is full of monosaturated fats. These fats also increase blood flow to your brain and make it stronger.
- Blueberries. Blueberries are full of antioxidants and they protect the brain from damage and especially stress. They also tend to improve brain memory and learning strength and decision making. Eating berries daily or every other day makes our brain act two years younger.
- Coconut. Coconut contains medium-chain triglycerides which the brain uses for energy. It is also useful to control blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Banana. Doctors suggest that banana is a powerhouse for brain energy. Banana contains vitamin B6 which helps you make your learning better.
Puzzles For Brain Health
It is all about challenging yourself and your brain to become stronger. You can follow a few tips to give your mind more strength. Learn something new or give your mind a new task. This way your mind will be able to learn new things.
You can also try eating with your other hand. New tasks and puzzles also sharp your memory.
Our social involvement is also important for our brain health. Social interaction can be with friends and family. Studies suggest that getting socially involved with friends and family tends to lesser memory decline and improves confidence and brain health.
Social involvement with friends also makes you happy and there will be less chance of stress and depression.
Our brain just weighs 2 percent if compared to other parts of the body but the brain consumes 20 percent of the total calories. If our brain is not performing well it’s then impossible that we also perform in our life.
This is why brain health is very important. From taking care of our diet to our physical health. Working out daily and consuming good brain food gives energy to our brain health and overall also improves our memory. Also giving yourself a proper rest daily keeps you away from depressions and things like stress and anxiety.