Benefits of honey
What is honey?
Honey is the sweet liquid extracted and made by honey bees using the nectar of flowers. Honey varies in its taste and flavor according to the type of flower it’s extracted from. Both raw and pasteurized honey is available easily. Raw honey is extracted straight from the hive has traces of yeasts, pollen, and wax.
Pasteurized honey is the type of honey that is processed and heated to remove all its impurities and it is then delivered in bottles and jars to the supermarkets but raw honey is more beneficial because it is completely natural.
Types of honey:
- Buckwheat Alfalfa
- Wildflower honey
- Black locust honey
- Orange Blossom
- Honey is made of multiple components. It has three main types of sugars.
- Fruit sugar (fructose)
- Grape (Glucose)
- Common sugar ( sucrose)
- Honey also contains minerals, vitamins, acids, proteins, and essential oils.
Benefits of honey
- Due to plenty of antioxidants honey help to cleanse the body from different toxins
- Honey can be used as a moisturizer like a scrub for cleanser and treatment of acne
- One of the major benefits of honey is to help in weight loss
- Honey boosts up the metabolism which is the center of weight loss
- Honey itself doesn’t contain any cholesterol instead it helps to lower the bad cholesterol
- Antioxidants present in the honey fight against a high level of bad cholesterol
- The antioxidants present in honey helps to prevent arteries from narrowing down and prevent the risk of heart attack and heart deterioration
- Honey can fight stress, restore the cellular antioxidant defense system and as a consequence improve memory
- Honey significantly lowers the chances of developing dementia
- Sugar containing in the blood increases the level of serotonin in the blood and which transform into melatonin a hormone help in better sleep
- Honey is a strong antiseptic and helps to lower the risks of several diseases associated with stomach
Relieved Nervous Tension:
- Glucose present in honey helps in the better working of neurons
Other Potential Benefits:
- Raw Honey helps with the treatment and healing of wounds due to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties
- Honey reduces ulcers and several gastrointestinal problems
- Since honey has antibacterial properties it also helps with the cure of throat issues such as cough, irritation, soreness, etc.
- Honey helps with the improvement of eyesight
- Due to its exact combination of fructose and glucose, it helps the body regulate blood sugar levels.
- Honey boosts our immune system. Manuka honey has been found to stimulate the production of immune cells
In the end, it is concluded that honey not only gives a sweet taste to our foods but it also helps us to keep our daily routines